Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Tuesdays at the Castle

I will admit...fantasy is not generally my genre. With that said, I LOVED the Harry Potter books. I am wildly excited about the day I start reading these with my children. I am pretty picky about the fantasy books I read. I read about Tuesdays at the Castle on a blog I LOVE, which you can find here. Tuesdays at the Castle by Jessica Day George is about Princess Celie, the youngest daughter of King Glower. Celie lives in Castle Glower, a quite unique castle. Every Tuesday, the castle adds rooms, changes rooms, adds hallways or makes some other change to itself. Celie especially loves the castle and is in the process of recording all of the rooms of the castle in a book. When her parents and oldest brother go missing, inside and outside forces threaten the throne of King Glower. Celie, along with her brother and sister, try to save the day. The good news is that if you like this book, it is a series!!

I enjoyed the excitement of this book. I also enjoyed the family relationships and personalities of the royal family. It was also really fun to see how the castle reacted to the events taking place within its walls. I encourage you to read this book--whether you love fantasy or aren't sure about fantasy. It's great!

No comments:

Post a Comment